Hotel Review | Executive Suite Room 516 – The Royce Hotel Melbourne
Room 516 is one of the Executive Suites. It’s not strictly a suite as it does not have a separate bedroom and living area. The layout of the room could be better with a lot of under utilised space, the seating area and coffee table are small, however it does have a desk area as well. The bathroom is massive and features a separate spa bath, shower and toilet all in their own enclosed areas. However the biggest let down of this room are the toiletries offered. They are no brand and cheap. For a room that is all about the bath, this doesn’t seem right. They should be a beautiful luxury brand that makes you feel great. I think The Royce Hotel Melbourne has missed something here.
Room 516 – The Royce Hotel Melbourne
Room Type: Executive Suite
1. The size of the room felt… Tiny | Ample | Spacious | Palatial
2. The view from the room is of the… Wall | District | Garden | City | Water
3. The comfort of the bed was… Too hard | Too soft | Just right
4. The hotel room decor is… Dated | Boring | Modern | Swanky
5. The size of the bathroom was… Pokey | OK | Roomy | Massive
6. The bath was… NA | Small | Normal | Large | Big enough for 3
7. Storage space in the room was… Poor | Average | Plentiful | Walk Ins!
8. Wi-Fi access in the room was… Not Offered | Pricey | Slow | FREE!
9. Noise from outside the room was… Like Central Station | Bearable | What noise?
10. The mini-bar was… Not offered | Well stocked | Demolished
As with the other renovated room at The Royce Hotel, there are some really nice design touches. The patterned glass door to the bathrooms and the embroidered leather sofa cushions are great.
Comparing Executive Suite Room 516 to the Superior Deluxe Room 313, which is a similar size and layout, its easy to see the difference is the bathroom. If you will spend most of your time at the hotel pampering yourself in the bathroom then this room will be perfect. However, bring your own toiletries. Below is the video of The Royce Hotel from our previous post.
Please follow our RoomCritic blog for more information about the best places to stay around the world. Receive our travel stories and hotel links direct to your own Facebook wall, just ‘like’ our RoomCritic Facebook page or follow RoomCritic: @roomcritic on Twitter. If you have a hotel review you’d like to share with us, email pictures and information to: email@example.com. If we post it on our RoomCritic blog, we’ll make sure you get the glory.