Hotel Review | Upper Suite Room 4509 – The Upper House Hong Kong
Hotel Review | Upper Suite Room 4509 - The Upper House Hong Kong
Hotel: The Upper House Hong Kong
Room Number: 4509
Room Type: Upper Suite
1. The size of the room felt… Tiny | Ample | Spacious | Palatial
2. The view from the room is of the… Wall | District | Garden | City | Water
3. The hotel room decor is… Dated | Boring | Modern | Swanky
4. The size of the bathroom was… Pokey | OK | Roomy | Massive
5. The bath was… Not available | Small | Regular | Large | Big enough for 3
6. The bathroom amenities are.. Plain | Standard | Hotel brand | Luxury
7. Storage space in the room was… Poor | Average | Plentiful | Walk Ins!
8. Wi-Fi access in the room was… Not Offered | Pricey | Slow | FREE!
9. Noise from outside the room was… Like Central Station | Bearable | What noise?
10. The mini-bar was… Not available | Well stocked | Inclusive
There is only way to describe the palatial Upper Suites at The Upper House Hong Kong is pure sophistication. Master Architect Andre Fu, utilised the original 1980′s apartment building’s best features to create the 21 beautifully designed suites. The standout features are the corner windows in all three rooms – living room, bedroom and bathroom. The breathtaking panoramic views of the Hong Kong skyline and harbour feel as if they completely surround and embrace you. You’ll feel perfectly at home in the suites because you’ll feel like your are in an apartment, not a hotel. Each of the rooms flow perfectly together and there’s plentiful storage and wardrobe space.
The bathrooms, are the biggest I have ever enjoyed. Divided into two areas; a huge double vanity area and bath and shower room. As you would expect the shower comes complete with rain or power shower option, but the bath and signature view of the city is really the place to be and more than compensate for the hotel’s lack of pool or spa.
All the smaller details that make a great stay are taken care of too. The luxury REN bathroom amenities, expresso coffee machine, free ‘maxi’ bar, free wi-fi and beautiful welcome gifts are all included. But, the thing that made our stay at The Upper House truly memorable was the level of service from the staff and their amazing attentiveness to our needs.
For more information and booking visit The Upper House website
For more of the best travel stories, tips and places to stay around the world, follow the blog by email or ’like’ our RoomCritic Facebook page. You’ll also find us on Twitter, Instagram as @roomcritic on Pinterest and now Foursquare too. Boy, do we get around. Share your hotel stories or reviews with us: firstname.lastname@example.org. If we post it on the blog, we’ll make sure you get all the glory.