RoomCritic Review | Room 304 – The Hilton Auckland
Room 304 is one of the King Hilton Bow Suites. This is the Hilton Auckland‘s poster child suite. It’s the suite featured on their website as well as the preferred suite in the Auckland Wallpaper City Guide. These suites get their name from their position at the back of the hotel, giving the feeling you are on the back of the world’s most luxurious ocean liners.
Room 304 – The Hilton Auckland
Room Type: King Hilton Bow Suite
1. The size of the room felt… Tiny | Ample | Spacious | Palatial
2. The view from the room is of the… Wall | District | Garden | City | Water
3. The comfort of the bed was… Too hard | Too soft | Just right
4. The hotel room decor is… Dated | Boring | Modern | Swanky
5. The size of the bathroom was… Pokey | OK | Roomy | Massive
6. Storage space in the room was… Poor | Average | Plentiful | Walk Ins!
7. Wi-Fi access in the room was… Not Offered | Pricey | Slow | FREE!
8. Noise from outside the room was… Like Central Station | Bearable | What noise?
9. The mini-bar was… Not offered | Well stocked | Demolished
10. Room service was… Not available | Not tried | Basic | Perfect
Not strictly a suite, the room is big, and feels massive even with all our gear. One of the many stunning features is the two walls of floor to ceiling windows and the full length balcony with an outdoor table and chairs. Perfect for savouring a room service breakfast, or just enjoying the real coffee from the in-room coffee machine.
Although the room is almost triangular in shape, the interior space is utilised brilliantly. A large desk and chair are positioned at one end towards the door, with the bed, TV and chaise style sofa located in the middle of the room. A strikingly positioned designer chair commands the bow giving what feels like a 360 degree view over Auckland harbour.
The bathroom is a good size and features a separate bath and shower. The toilet is also separate in it’s own walled corner. The toiletries are Peter Thomas Roth and have the premium quality you’d expect in a room like this.
We loved our 3 days at the Hilton Auckland and would come back to this hotel and will definitely be asking for this room again.
Hilton Auckland Hotel
Princes Wharf 147 Quay Street, Auckland, New Zealand 1010
Tel: 64-9-978-2000 Fax: 64-9-978-2001
Please follow our RoomCritic blog for more information about the best places to stay around the world. Receive our travel stories and hotel links direct to your own Facebook wall, just ‘like’ our RoomCritic Facebook page or follow RoomCritic: @roomcritic on Twitter. If you have a hotel review you’d like to share with us, email pictures and information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If we post it on our RoomCritic blog, we’ll make sure you get the glory.