1. The size of the room felt… Tiny | Ample | Spacious | Palatial
2. The view from the room is of the… Wall | District | Garden | City | Water
3. The hotel room decor is… Dated | Boring | Modern swanky
4. The size of the bathroom was… Pokey | OK | Roomy | Massive
5. The bath is… Not Available | Small | Standard | Large
6. Bathroom amenities are… Plain | Standard | Hotel Brand | Luxury
7. Storage space in the room was… Limited | Average | Plentiful | Walk Ins!
8. Wi-Fi access in the room was… Not Offered | Paid | FREE!
9. Noise from outside the room was… Like Central Station | Bearable | None
10. The mini-bar was… Not offered | Standard | Everything you’d want | Some items free
The old saying the bigger the better is always true when it comes to hotel rooms. And the Crown Metropol Loft Suites are both – bigger and better than any other rooms we have experienced in Melbourne. We loved the swanky decor and chic vibe of the big suite. Unlike many ‘Suites’ that aren’t this is a true suite with separate living room and bedroom. The living is very big with dining space for 4 and sofa seating for a few more guests as well.
The mini-bar is well stocked, as you’d expect, however I was unable to locate a coffee plunger or coffee machine in the morning, not that it was much of an issue as our room came with complimentary access to 28 Lounge including breakfast. As you may have read in previous reviews we are big fans of having access to the private club style facilities, always well worth the extra investment.
All the loft rooms feature a second WC as well as plentiful storage space for bags and bags and bags, if that’s how you travel.
The bedroom is huge so even with the addition of the baby cot there was plenty of space to easily get around the room. The bathroom is also massive with double basins and plenty of space for preparing for a fun night out. A bath big enough for three is the centre piece of the room with separate toilet and shower closed away on either side. The shower room is easily big enough for two shower heads but unfortunately only a single power shower is installed. A small thing, but a little disappointing.
Overall, we were very impressed with everything at Crown Metropol, it is certainly now on our list of favourite places to stay in Melbourne. Take a look at the Crown Metropol Melbourne page on the RoomCritic website for a live Instagram feed of images taken by people who have stayed or visited the hotel.
Music used with permission from Bhonstro. Track: Bhonstro – End Like That
For more Instagram photos of your favourite hotels, visit the new RoomCritic website. For the best travel stories, tips and info on the places to stay around the world, follow the blog by email or ‘like’ our RoomCritic Facebook page. Find us on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest plus we have hotel lists on Foursquare. Share your hotel stories or reviews with us: info (at) roomcritic (dot) com. If we post it on the blog, we’ll make sure you get the glory.