Hotel hallway photos that are nothing like the original Overlook Hotel from The Shining
Hotel hallways and the photos people take have come a long way since Stanley Kubrick’s original horror hallway scene in the classic Jack Nicholson film The Shining. RoomCritic has found 10 stunning hotel hallway photos (or the modern day equivalent) from the RoomCritic photo archives and the #roomcritic Instagram tag gallery that are anything but scary.
The Overlook Hotel (The Shining, 1980) – The original scary hotel hallway.
1. The Mira, Hong Kong – Tron style lighting lines the hallways
2. Six Senses Laamu, Maldives – An outdoor hallway to your room.
3. Faena Hotel + Universe, Buenos Aires, Argentina – Stylish, dark and beautiful just like the people.
5. Dream Downtown, New York – A hallway of stairs up to the pool deck
6. Sala Resort Phuket, Thailand – A walk through to the Spa
7. The 9 Hours Capsule Hotel Kyoto, Japan – Close encounters of a different kind in this hallway
8. Marrakesh Hotel and Resort Hua Hin, Thailand – A touch of North African spice in Asia – So more a doorway than a hallway but it has the same effect leading towards the horizon.
9. St Regis Resort and Spa Bora Bora – Another beautiful open air hallway that leads to your overwater bungalow.
10. Mondrian Soho, New York – The arched garden creates a beautiful sparkly hallway
For an in depth tutorial on how to take the best hotel hallway shots, read our post: Hotel photographs inspired by the cinema classic – The Shining
For more Instagram photos of your favourite hotels, visit the new RoomCritic website. For the best travel stories, tips and info on the places to stay around the world, follow the blog by email or ‘like’ our RoomCritic Facebook page. Find us on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest plus we have hotel lists on Foursquare. Share your hotel stories or reviews with us: info (at) roomcritic (dot) com. If we post it on the blog, we’ll make sure you get the glory.